1. Using your teeth for anything else other biting, chewing, smiling, and speaking can result in injury that can be difficult and expensive to repair!
2. Ignore any kind of dental pain or swelling. While dental pain or swelling does sometimes temporarily go away, that doesn’t mean the underlying problem has resolved.
3. Think that bleeding gums are “normal.” Usually gums that bleed, are sensitive, or swollen means there is an underlying infection. If it persists make an appointment to see us.
4. Play any kind of sport without a mouthguard. It is estimated that up to 40% of dental injuries occur while playing sports, most of them involving the front teeth. Practically all of these can be prevented by simply wearing a mouthguard.
5. Make healthcare decisions based solely on insurance coverage. While dental insurance can be great for offsetting some of your healthcare costs, coverage does not indicate which treatment is right for you. We will work with you to maximize your insurance coverage, make comfortable financial arrangements, AND provide the best treatment possible!
6. Go a day without smiling! Smiling benefits your mood, boosts your immune system, makers you look younger, relieves stress, and is contagious. No wonder we would never go a day without it!!
Call or email us at Prestige Oral Surgery to discuss further.